2.11.11

OBSESSION: SANDRO

SANDRO

I want to love winter, honest I do. I want to love winter clothes, too. Cashmere, cable knits, angora--these are all things which, in theory, I very much enjoy. So what's wrong with winter clothes? I'll tell you what's wrong: they are too goddamn expensive. I could buy a lifetime supply of denim cutoffs for the price of a single, solitary, well made overcoat.

Take, for example, my newest obsession: Sandro. Everything they make is beautiful and soft and simple with just the right amount of detail (leather piping, sheer lace, a slouchy fit, a bold stripe, and all so mercilessly tasteful.) I've fallen particularly hard for their coats, all of which I would liken to the wardrobe equivalent of a SAD lamp, and not one of which clocks in below the $400 mark. I had to forcibly remove myself from the second floor of Barney's the other night before someone had me committed, hands full of shearling and letting out strange choking sobs of wonderment.

13 comments:

Annalise said...

Ooh, I'm loving the collar of the camel coat. Too cute! I can see why you're obsessed Siri.
XOXO

Tamsin said...

Oh I love Sandro too. Too expensive for me though :( I did a stock up on winter woolies this month and now I'm broke - and they were only budget clothes too!

celia said...

Wow I didn't know about Sandro but that camel coat is so perfect! And so is the black dress with the leopard collar.
I'm also a bit upset with winter clothes, I dream of lush cashmere sweaters and all I can get is cheap wool mix from H&M, annoying...

Anonymous said...

I know! I love love love Sandro, but it's so so so expensive! When I was living in France last year, I was there during the big mega sales on everything in France, and I was able to get a few things from Sandro on mega sale, but it might have cost me my dignity because I kind of had to fight my way through throngs and throngs of eager shoppers.

x Jenny

Amy said...

my friend is going to be running their nyc store when it opens! their stuff is so nice!

Lindsay said...

True story about winter clothes being so expensive and off putting to buy. However, it is necessary to get a coat so you won't freeze to death, so I think a little saving up/investing won't hurt if you get one that you really love and will wear for as many winters as possible.

Kate said...

I love how warm the colours in that collage are, and I love Sandro! Winter is so expensive. I'm putting off buying snow boots until my student loan comes through and I get more nervous every week.

Catherine said...

Ah I know exactly what you mean! I love winter dressing, but it has taken me literally YEARS to build up a small, modest winter "wardrobe" (I use this word liberally) just because it is so pricey, as you said. I love all of these pieces, though. That shearling coat is incredible

celine said...

oh man! that camel coat and the black dress are total dreams!! waah!

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Your last sentence had me laughing with empathy. That's how I feel about most clothing pieces I really really love - I usually really really can't afford them. Good thing there's Target. ;)

xo
cortnie

sarah said...

lusting after winter pieces is a bittersweet pastime. i usually end up at a thrift store soon after, reassuring myself the vintage version has waaaay more integrity... wah wahhhh

Anonymous said...

Love all these, particularly that coat! I think if I saw it in a real live shop I would steal it :-)

http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to buy this Ladies sweater! What an adorable piece!