11.11.10

the beginning of November

CharlieRubinsteph5

CharlieRubinsteph1

CharlieRubinsteph6

CharlieRubinsteph9

CharlieRubisteph2

CharlieRubinsteph11

Photography: Charlie Rubin
Styling: Siri Thorson
Model: Stephanie Lee @ Elite


I had another opportunity to get together with photographer Charlie Rubin a couple of weeks ago--only this time, I got to take a turn (mostly) behind the lens, styling up the gorgeous Stephanie Lee from Elite. I've said it once, and I'll say it again: there's nothing more simultaneously exhilarating and infinitely depressing than seeing a professional model rocking the shit out of your own wardrobe. Ha! But Steph was a doll, and working with Charlie always proves to be an adventure (in the best possible way.)

You can find a few more shots from the set featured on Fashionising--and you can also take a peek at some of my past styling work over on my tumblr "portfolio" (tumblolio?? The future is now!)

21 comments:

Megan said...

You did a great job. Love that navajo print coat. Been looking for one forever now. Is it vintage or new?

Xo,
Megan

Anonymous said...

These photos are gorgeous. I love your coat!

▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

Maya • Fashion Illustration blog said...

Hahaahah... I love that about model rockin your wardrobe! :-)

M

Dalilahday said...

It's a very cool blog. I look all of it. Lovely post !
And sorry for ask, but Can you tell something about my photographs ?

E-BAD said...

MY YARD! Yay!!!! good coat in the first photo

E-BAD said...

Oh on that link one of the pics also prominently displays one of Weegee's old dog bones on my green wall. Awesome.

Cindy said...

gorgeous! great job siri. i adore your coat in the first pic, amazing.

anja louise said...

They look awesome dude! Nice one.

Kennedy said...

you did an awesome job, the styling is impeccable!

Justyna said...

the pictures are gorgeous! that cardigan in the first shot is quite amazing....

virg said...

I love your blog!
Thanks for your posts, Siri!

Robyn said...

These are brilliant. I especially love the first one, and the play on depth with the ladder one.

javiera isidora said...

it worth it, the result si nice! beautiful colors, compositions and your wardrobe so cool!

www.likeblackorchid.com

taina said...

Hey. If you're looking for work how about: http://www.thestylerookie.com/2010/11/its-happening.html

Worth a shot?

Sophie Frances said...

this shoot was very well put together i love what the model is wearing

Burcin said...

that model is great I love her face : )

Annushka said...

Hi! Very beautiful post, i like it)
lovely dear.

Samantha said...

you did such an amazing job!

hannah, heart city said...

wow great job! love the jackets. hello dream job??

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Thank you everyone!!! The jacket is vintage Ralph Lauren, and sadly it actually belongs to a friend. Amazing, no???

Sorry for the absence, this past week has been truly, truly INSANE. But--I've got exciting things brewing!

ailsa said...

mmmm yum. good job.

on a somewhat related (not really related at all) note, i bought one of the duck bags from baggu after seeing it on your blog, and it's probably the best canvas tote i have ever encountered. so much so that my mum made me order her one after seeing it. so thank you!