21.9.10

finger food

Essie.LittleBrownDress

brownieee

Ok, I admit, this is totally dumb BUT--one of my favorite things about the changing of the seasons is an excuse to buy new nail polish. Hey I mean, there's certainly bigger seasonal splurges I could (and, possibly, should) be making...

My collection is in a pretty sorry state at the moment, and I just know that all those robin's eggs and corals and delicate peaches of summer wont seem right under a cloudy October sky. As much as I'd love to outfit myself in some Khakis, odds are that ain't happening! So I'm looking instead to the Essie Fall collection. My favorite, hands down (ha!) is Little Brown dress, above. So rich! So moist! So choclatey. Eheheh. Mmmmm, lacquer.....


P.S. I made those brownies for my bf's birthday this year and they are the BEST. Ever. Put them in the fridge over night and they taste like fudge the next morning. (Just don't over beat, don't overbake, and good gawd DON'T bother with that stupid frosting...)

(first photo via Polish or Perish)

10 comments:

Sobinique said...

I don't know why but I don't wear nailpolish a lot but I do love it when I see it at someone else! I think I'm gonna buy some colours today..
Your brownie look delicious!

anabela / fieldguided said...

I kind of love it when nail polish makes your fingernails look like food! I just got Essie's Mink Muffs, which makes me think of dipping my fingers in lattes. YUM.

Finger Food said...

Great comparison there! I always love to use shades which go with the seasons e.g darker colours for winter.

Lexie said...

i really like the first picture! so shiny! but it's brown! i like it.

Shinta H. T. said...

wow... it looks yummy.. hahaha.. i feel like want to have one for my self :D

sarah said...

i cant get over that first photo! what kind of camera did you use? chocolatey brown nails look autumnalicious...

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Nah, I didn't take the first one--I wish! It's from one of those nail polish enthusiast websites, Polish or Perish. My camera would have run away crying if I'd tried to take that heh.

Colleen said...

I agree, the frosting is a terrible idea! It really takes away from the gooey chocolatey-ness. That nailpolish looks like you have chocolate syrup all over your nails...and that's not a bad thing

Christine Aguilar said...

yum, that brownie looks incredible. now i want to paint my nails AND dip them in batter! i also only make teeny seasonal splurges. its the little things that give you the most pleasure! like a new polish or magazine or both, if you are feeling fancy! love the blog xo

Party Catering Brisbane said...

Those brownies look awesome!!!
Any chance of a recipe?