13.7.10

tie your mother down

tiedyetank3

On Monday, I had an Important Meeting to attend. Accordingly, I was forced to play a little game I like to call "Dress Up Like You're a Fully Formed Human Girl With More Than a Passing Interest in Personal Style!"

tiedyetank1

It's been so hot lately, and I've been spending so much time mopping up cat barf (pet-sitting, you are a cruel mistress) that I've kinda been letting things go to shit around here, so it was nice to have an excuse to actually plan an outfit for once. Anyways, obviously, I decided that tastefully wrinkled tie-dye was the way to go!! In the end, it was a whole lotta hoopla for a rendezvous that lasted all of ten minutes. But I think I nailed it!

Finally found some sunglasses!

P.S. Please check out my new shades! They kinda make me feel like a goof and they kinda don't stay on my face. But I'm also kiiinda in love! I have been sans sunnies since some time in April when my last pair of fake Clubasters ate it in the bottom of my purse, and no, I have no idea how I've survived summer thus far without my retinas frying like bacon...

20 comments:

calivintage said...

yep, the glasses are rad and so is that amazing tie-dye shirt. such a cool lady!

Zoë, Lion Heart Vintage said...

NICE! i wouldn't have thought of the tie die but it's so rad. really memorable too, which is good for any "important meeting"/interview/etc.

Anonymous said...

You look lovely! Professional but still personal. And your hairrrr.... every time I look at it I'm like WHY WON'T MINE GROW FASTERRRRR?

wolfwhsitle.org

Love_Again said...

oh yes those glasses are mighty fine!

Zuleika Mohammad said...

awesome glasses and shirt!
lovelovelove

ohlalatresbelle.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

great look siri! are those the amazing h&m pants?
recently i almost decided (inspired by you) to wear a silk leopard print blouse to an interview. at last minute, i bailed on it due to lack of courage. but turns out (knowing those people now) it could have done nothing but even help my chances :) you never know!

Anonymous said...

where are those pants from???

Rebecca said...

Love the sunnies! I always always lose mine.... Except for the stupidly cheap pair of course, the expensive ones are probably spread across the whole of the UK by now :(

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Sewon said...

love the new shades and that shirt! <3

Ringo, have a banana! said...

The pants are indeed from H&M, only I bought them at Buffalo Exchange and they don't seem to be in stores anymore (otherwise I would own five more pairs!)

Lydia said...

Amazingness, your outfit is so put together and yet effortless. Andddddd Those sunglasses are the sweetest cat eyes I've seen since Alexander Wang. I'd like 10 pairs please!

Anonymous said...

i love your sunglasses !

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love love love the sunnies. Where are they from?

Sandie

stephanie renee said...

i love the whole look!

Nickie Frye said...

Love the tie dye. I've been experimenting with tie dye lately (like actually dying stuff, I mean). I did a DIY blog post yesterday on how to ombre dye a caftan, in fact. Check it out! http://blog.nickiefrye.com

Abi said...

You look great! Love your sunnies and tie-dye blouse.


http://stylebouquet.blogspot.com/

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Whoa Nickie that caftan looks amazing! I'm definitely going to mess around with tie dye when I go home this summer.

Sandie, unfortunately the sunglasses are just some no-name brand from Buffalo Exchange. I don't know if there's one in/near where you live, but thy all tend to get some of the same stock as far as I can tell.

megan said...

love your hair and the outfit! the pegged pants are fantastic. i wish i had your frame!

megan http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com

Lexie said...

i love those cat eye sunglasses! they're modern yet vintage, vintage yet new age, etc etc etc. love!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed a picture of you to use on my blog in my hair envy post! I do so love your hair. Have credited and linked you, of course x

wolfwhistle.org