26.6.09

A pair of pink canaries



Better late than never, right? This is what I wore out on my birthday for Indian food and soft-serve in the rain.



I actually found this dress at Buffalo Exchange during the day on my birthday, and treated myself. It has the sweetest little flower print, which can be seen here on the far left.



In the days between then and now, it has grown progressively hotter, reminding me that I still need shorts and tank tops and all those things that leave as many of my 2000 parts free and exposed to the world. I require ventilation! Also, I got the most amazing package in the mail yesterday:

I have:

It's a wonderful feeling knowing that someone out there truly understands just exactly what you love in this world, right down to remembering the weird ceramic bud vase from some tiny store back home you were totally obsessed with last summer. Amazing. Also, the girl hand bleach-painted that skull t-shirt herself. I keep telling her she needs to go into business selling those things! So. Bad. Ass.

11 comments:

ave said...

that's a really adorable birthday present! i'm such a fan of the "multi present", lots of littler gifts the person will love rather than one big thing. your dress is cute too. p.s. do you do anything to your hair? your waves look so smooth and shiny!

~ Faith said...

HAND BLEACH PAINTED?! I gotta learn how to do that!

~F

Hadley said...

Gorrrrgeous shirt, and beautiful dress!

Cindy said...

pippi! i love those books, amazing tee and vase too. such a great present. happy belated!

Nicole Marie said...

i cannot believe that she did that herself.i thought it was an actual picture. honestly, she really should sell those she would make a killing.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful package, lucky you! I have never seen bleach painting - that is too cool!

thevamoose said...

hand bleach-painted!? amazing, she really should sell those! the boots are gorgeous as well.

Tara Diane said...

ohhh, that vase IS pretty spectacular. I want! Happy late birthday :).

Mars said...

happy belated birthday! wow, that is some seriously amazing stuff you got. i can't imagine how she did that bleaching project!

and that little light birthday dress is a dream!

evie said...

your hair looks 97 kinds of amazing here (and this coming from a russh reading australian).....

hip hop happity birthday!!!!

Isabel said...

Your boots are badass and I love everything in that package. The cute little shoes and holy mofo - that skull was done by hand?