12.2.09

The Outsiders

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know about you guys, but lately it's become a bit of a rare treat to come across a fashion editorial that actually inspires me. I feel like I've been gradually slipping further and further away from what's popular in fashion's main stream (and even many of its more alternative channels.)

Which is why I was excited to see these scans from the February 2009 issue of Flair. Dark but still playful, vintage without being kitschy. Plus, I've already got a lot of clothes like these--now all I have to do is work on the hair...

(Photos by Beau Grealy)

12 comments:

July Stars said...

I agree with you completely. I like finding the elusive element of surprise and feel the enchantment of a good fashion editorial... Japanese Vogue always presents good images but there are hardly any other interesting fashion magazines. Maybe I'm being too critical!

Maddie said...

Is that Ziggy from The Wire?!

E.K. said...

That first photo is so amazing!

Oni said...

its like evrything i love about weegee gone modern....

see http://images.google.com/images?q=weegee&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

sarah said...

here here. everything (print) seems geared for the internet, losing much of the artistic integrity it once had (or maybe i'm changing). though i do love the lou reed doppelganger in your post...
xo s

cras4 said...

these are amazing

clareassiral said...

oh yeah, the hair is awesome! messy, sexy and tons of attitude! love it

Kennedy said...

yeah these are pretty amazing

Ringo, have a banana! said...

July, I love Japanese Vogue! I love Japanese editions of most magazines, Japanese Nylon is sooooo much more awesome than regular Nylon, and my latest goal is to find RUSSH Japan. Aaaagh, can you imagine??

I tried to make my hair really big and bouffant-y last night, but it just sort of ended up looking like my hair was eating my head...I think I need to work on developing a little more finesse...

L. said...

awesome shots!

ma baker said...

any idea who the shorts are by in the last image?

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally agree! It's got to the point where I stand for hours in the shops and STILL can't find anything worth spending my pennies on! Self-Service is pretty good generally. Think I might just start up my own magazine!
This editorial is pretty glorious. Fact.
x