28.12.08

Just a few...

Because of the distance between myself and many of my family and friends, and because of the fact that we are none of us entirely on top of things (by which I mean we are all very busy, responsible adults who just have so many important things to do this time of the year that getting to the post office before December 23rd...or the 26th...just might not happen, ok?), Christmas has become more of a season that a singular event for me. Presents and cards often continue to trickle in after the 25th, sometimes well into the New Year. Which as far as I'm concerned is great. Why not prolong the joy?

However, here are just a few of the wonderful things that have been gifted to me so far:


Amazing book about glam, and an import to boot!


Vintage Diana camera. I cannot WAIT to start taking photos with this little guy.


That domino book and western-themed cookie cutters, from my Cowgirl, for whom I almost bought the exact same thing (minus the cookie cutters, that's pure genius on her part!)


Carpenters record, Leonard Cohen record, and a huge amazing Roxy Music poster.


Last but not least, the Stephen Colbert tote that has been taunting me for months every time I walk through the first floor of Barnes & Noble (and that is often), plus a gift from myself to myself: the latest issue of Missbehave with Chloe on the cover!

In summation: I am a very, very lucky little girl.

24 comments:

Amelia said...

Ooh, that camera looks really cool. The mail around here has been delayed due to the weather, so I'm still waiting to see if anything else comes.

Dagmara Łacny said...

Oh, I love this book about Glam. Bowie, T.Rex, Gary Glitter - they were the best. And one of my favourite film - Velvet Goldmine. Your book reminds me about this movie and i have to see it as soon as it possible.

Anonymous said...

what a magical little camera!! can't wait to see the photos it makes... (:

Anonymous said...

fun camera!

Josefina said...

i have that bag! and boy is it fantastic to look at.

Anonymous said...

diana<3

leilani.e said...

hahaha, i got the same camera! it's so lovely, i pulled it out at the pub with friends on boxing day, no idea how to use it still. crossed fingers on the photos! love your blog by the way :)

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Aaah, Josefina, we totes have matching totes!

Terry said...

Sweet haul! Oh massive bookstore chains, I really do spend a lot of money on you guys.

karl's sweet child said...

wow, those are great gifts!! i envy you!!
you should hurry taking shots with the diana..its super fun doing lomography!!

White Lightning said...

ohhhh best gifts ever! i need that colbert tote, good god.

{Tara} said...

So many great goodies! The glam book looks amazing! I have that Carpenter's record -- so addictive...

thousandflower said...

And there's one more waiting for you when you get here. Mom

keira antoia rose said...

Very cute camera. Please upload photos taken with it!

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

GuitarGirl said...

Whoops...mine still hasn't gotten mailed yet...but it will someday soon! (I hope) Merry Christmas!

Milla said...

lucky you are! what a sweet camera. and obviously, that tote is awesome.

I forgot to comment on the Austrian dress before, so here goes, 'cos 'tis like a topic real close to my heart. apart from the awesomeness of your new dress, you should know that you're now part of a very odd and possibly exclusive global fashion movement.

This is because those dresses are like a staple of girls who shop in the local goodwill here in Finland (calle UFF). The shops have an entire section labeled "Tyrol", where you can buy everything from cute dresses like yours, to lederhosen and dirndl. The question is though, who wears that stuff before it gets to goodwill? Exclusive Austrian clubs? Yodel societies? It's a mystery.

so anyway...

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Oh, I will definitely be uploading photos fro the diana! Just as soon as I get off my butt and get outside...

Milla--oh man, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comment! Oh my god, I can't believe there's a whole section devoted to 'tyrol', I would die! Well, I would buy everything, and then die! Plus now I finally understand what UFF is. I always thought it was some weird, hip chain, since I saw it on street style blogs so much (and, well, I guess it sort of is...)

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

I've been coveting a Diana camera for ages, lucky you! Can't wait to see some snaps!

Anonymous said...

ah the Diana, I love mine but make sure it's sunny and bright if you want to get nice pictures, she's a bit of a bitch with the lighting :)

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Good advice jellyfish--I've seen the results of too little lighting and it ain't pretty (actually, it's still sort of pretty, but it's not what I'm going for!)

Anonymous said...

I most definitely bought that issue of Missbehave as well! These are all super nice gifts in general!

Danette said...

I had that Carpenters album as a little girl and I would sing along endlessly. She had such a pure sweet voice, like an angel. Truly.

Enjoy that.

Happy new year.

E.K. said...

A Roxy Music poster & a glam book...I'm glad I found your blog.

Meg said...

I have wanted a camera like that for a while but was never sure how to develop the film! it is lovely though.