4.5.08

Yaller





Everything's coming up in shades of gold and saffron these days, which is a good thing, since the weather is coming up mostly gray. First of all, the beautiful Sherbet Tone sent me a ruffly blouse that I can't wait to wear tucked into a kickass pair of denim shorts (get the hint, clouds?).

The next day I nearly peed myself (which, though decidedly inappropriate, would certainly have fitted nicely into the general color scheme) when I found this sunny little vest and scarf at a surprisingly fair-priced second hand store in the City. The prettiest little violas I bought at the Farmer's Market last week are blooming on our stoop, and finally, by the time I move into a new room next week (with a real window I CAN OPEN!), my walls will be a lovely shade of Citrus Zest. Quite rightly. (I know I know, I ALMOST held out on the "Mellow Yellow" references. Almost.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I really am so glad you like the blouse! I love that the tag says "washes up like a hanky." Or something like that.

Unknown said...

they're both lovely! yay on the new room as well.

Anonymous said...

ahh, it *is* from your closet.
lovely.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Haha, yes, it is ;n )

Anonymous said...

Love Love GOLD, 1970s Gold. Inspiring, yes!

Annabel said...

ahhh yellow! i've been looking for yellow shoes/pumps everywhere but haven't found any in my size that i like :/

xo, tara said...

i'm so excited for you to have a new room with a window! yay!