18.11.07

Orange peels



I'm wearing the blouse I bought Thursday, but sadly these photos don't do it an ounce of justice. It's the palest lemon yellow linen with these amazing embroidered details on the cuffs and collar that look to me sometimes like hearts and sometimes kidney beans! I liked the way the little lacey bits peaked out of my coat.



It's stunning, really. I love finding vintage pieces like this, where it's clear how much effort and care was put into crafting it. It seems like the only way to find craftmanship like that these days is to shell out the big bucks. That's another reason why, for the most part, I only buy vintage shoes. Even though they're old and have likely already gotten some use, the vintage shoes I buy (for the most part) last five times as long, and are five times as comfortable, as the new shoes I can buy for the same price.

Anyhow, it seems like I'm coming down with a cold and have allowed myself to wallow in bed all morning, spilling clementine peels absolutely everywhere. Sadly, its about time to drag myself out of bed, and into work. After getting home at 12:30 am last night, it kind of feels like I never left...

5 comments:

Blaize said...

Sorry that you are coming down with a cold. I hope you kick it off quickly. And as for the embroidery? I think that they are hearts; hearts that are weirdly and mysteriously Entirely Constructed from Kidney Beans. It's like a science experiment gone wrong, and should be made into a faux-vintage black and white campy horror movie: The Incredible Kidney Bean Heart from MARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camilla said...

Love the outfit! And you have the most amazing hair colour ever :)

Kendra said...

Love the outfits especially the jacket.
great blog, i hope you don't mind if I add you as a link

Rhiannon said...

The embroidery is so wonderful .. .

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I agree completely with respect to vintage. The beading, embroidery, linings, and pin-tuckings that are standard in/on vintage are the very same sort-of details that cause modern clothes to cost a small fortune. That blouse is extraordinary.